Full release notes are available on our weblog post.
Remember to report problems/suggestions (this helps a lot).
Safari 3.0.4 (4525.18) or later
macosx 10.5 or later
intel or ppc (universal)
Current features list:
- Adds search engines to the Safari default engine list (Google/Yahoo/Bing)
- Adds Favicons to tab labels
- Adds Chrome bookmarks to bookmarks collection (Safari 5.1+)
- Adds option to disable wide tab labels (Safari 6)
- Adds option to set minimum tab label size to favicon size
- Adds search link suggestions to Safari completion window (Safari 6)
- Adds keyword search from address bar
- Adds thumbnails to Google/Yahoo/Bing search results
- Adds Amazon's information banner on Google/Yahoo/Bing search results (Safari 5.17+)
- Adds sort bookmarks alphabetically
- Adds bookmarks labels
- Adds bookmark separators
- Adds 'new tab' position option (right/left/leftmost/rightmost)
- Adds 'close tab' using middle mouse button
- Focus last selected tab
- Type-ahead support (auto cmd-f)
- Adds a "Max Window Size" menu item to resize the Safari window
- Dated download folders
- Sets the focus on the search field when opening a new window (Safari 5)
- Autocomplete search phrase (Safari 5)
- Undo "Close Tab" (cmd-z)
- Auto-Closes download window (Safari 4)
- Localized to French, German, Japanese, Russian, Spanish, Chinese, Danish, and Swedish.
Pre-Safari 5.1 only:
- Re-opens last session when Safari starts
- Adds full-screen browsing capability
- Forms autocomplete always on
- Always open links in a new tab
Note to Saft users:
Using both Glims and Saft on the same browser could have unexpected results. Instead of spending time inquiring and fixing this, we decided to invest our time into improving Glims so that you can enjoy more features as soon as possible.
Please feel most welcome to share you thoughts with us.
French localization by Yann Ricquebourg (www.cortig.net/localisations )
Japanese localization by E-WA (E-WA'S BLOG)
Polish Localization by maselko (maselko.net)
German localization by Thomas Meyer (www.kopflos.eu)
Spanish localization by kounch (www.kounch.com)
Italian Localization by Alessandro Ranieri (www.darkapples.net)
Korean Localization by inhyouk (inhyouk.tistory.com)
Chinese Localization by Evan Ren (www.evanny.com)
Russian Localization by Vlasov Yaroslav (underapples.ru)
Greek Localization by Tasos Agapis (suicico) (milaraki.com)
Danish Localization by Søren Palmund
Swedish Localization by Michael Berglund
Some well deserved credit for Cocoa code we used:
Shortcut Recorder Cocoa control for easily capturing key combinations.
more to come...